Welcome to Banff National Park!
Banff National Park - Canada's first national park - 1 1/2 hrs drive west of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. From Banff's humble beginnings as a 26 square kilometre hot springs reserve, < Banff National Park now consists of 6,641 square kilometres of unparalleled mountain scenery nestled in the heart of the magnificent Canadian Rockies.
Each year, millions of visitors come to Banff to marvel at the emerald waters of Lake Louise, walk amongst the flower-filled heavens at Sunshine Meadows, and drive beneath the towering jagged peaks lining the Icefields Parkway. Snow-capped peaks, glistening glaciers and sweeping vistas are just one part of the allure of Banff National Park.
You can enjoy all the comforts of home in the town of Banff and the village of Lake Louise, or step out into the wilderness and the home of some of North America's wildest creatures, including grizzly bears, caribou and wolves. Read more.
You can check out our Live Web Cam feed for Banff, Alberta.
Got a question? A cool story? Something to say about the Banff National Park? Visit our forums!
- Jasper-Banff-Lake Louise-Calgary Shuttle *
- Jasper Lake Louise Banff Calgary Transportation *
- Edmonton-Jasper Shuttle Service
- Canoe Adventures
- Columbia Icefields Tour
By John E. Marriott, Sunday, May 6th, 2012 at 12:17 pm
Articles, Banff National Park, The Banff - Jasper Photography Blog: Early Spring Photography Hotspots for Banff – Johnson Lake
By John E. Marriott, Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Articles, Banff National Park, The Banff - Jasper Photography Blog: Early Spring Photography Hotspots for Banff – Vermilion Lakes
By Administrator, Thursday, March 15th, 2012 at 1:56 pm
Banff Activities, Banff National Park: Top 5 Best Things to Do in Banff, Alberta With Kids
In the fall of 1883, three Canadian Pacific Railway construction workers stumbled across a cave containing hot springs on the eastern slopes of Alberta’s Rocky Mountains.
The Rocky Mountains contain some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the world, including glaciers, ice fields, snow-covered peaks, crystal clear lakes and raging rivers.
- Banff Hotsprings, Canadian Rockies
- Banff Sightseeing
- How to Spend One Day in Banff
- Johnston Canyon
- Lake Louise Drives and Walks
- Lake Minnewanka Tour
- Sightseeing Quick Tour
- The Bow Valley Parkway
The Canadian Rockies are the perfect place to visit for a family vacation.
- Emergency Services
- Picnic Areas – Banff National Park
- Family Walks and Hikes
- Stuff for kids to do in the Canadian Rockies
Many accommodations in this area fill up for the summer holidays at a rapid pace.
- Backcountry Lodges on Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Cabins in Banff National Park, Banff, Alberta Canada
- Camping in the Canadian Rockies – Banff Campgrounds
- Chalets in Banff National Park – Alberta, Canada
- Guest Houses in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
- Holiday Homes in and near Banff National Park – Alberta, Canada
- Hotels and Motels in Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
- Lodges and Inns
- Vacation Rentals
The Canadian Rockies offers a range of delicious food, served with spectacular views of the surrounding majesty of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
This Just In...
- Top 10 Things To Do In Banff National Park
- Yoga in Banff
- See Grizzly Bears in the Canadian Rockies
- Banff Restaurants: Nourish Vegetarian Bistro & Tea House
- Banff Restaurants: Pad Thai
The CanadianRockies.org forum is the premier message board for the United States and Canadian Rockies. This board is for travelers and vacationers to post their trip reports, questions and give advice.
- Colorado Road Bike Tour – Popular With Canadians
- Kananaskis Live Webcam “Kananaskis Heli Tours”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Elevation Place”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Railway Avenue”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Main Street”
Banff and Jasper photography tips, locations and stories from professional wildlife and nature photographer John E. Marriott.
- Winter wolf photography in Jasper
- Photographing Larches at Lake O’Hara in Yoho
- Photography for Fall Colours in Banff National Park
- Fall Moose Photography in Jasper
- Banff Wildflower Photography – Molar Meadows
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Canadian Rockies.
- Canadian Rockies Winter Vacations: Six great activities
- The Canadian Rockies in September, and, of course, dogs
- A tale of mystery and romance in Lake Louise
- Reader Reviews (and rips) Jasper’s Miss Italia
- Letting your Dog Run Free in Jasper
- Getting Canadian Rockies Vacation Advice from the Experts
- Canadian Rockies Weather: August or September Vacation?
- Canoeing Banff: From Castle Junction to Banff
- Canadian Rockies Mountain Biking: Jasper Trails
- Jasper National Park Mountain Biking Trails
He is a staff writer for the CRN network. He spends his days, when he's not chained to his writing desk, roaming the mountains, looking for great hikes, sights, food, accommodations and the occasional brew.
- Canadian Rockies Climate
- Canadian Rockies Dog FAQ
- Canadian Rockies RV Camping: Rampart Creek
- RV Camping in the Canadian Rockies: Tunnel Mountain
- Canadian Rockies Cycling: Highwood Pass
He is an editor of CanadianRockies.net. When he's not reading or writing about the Rockies, he tries to spend as much time backpacking, hiking, fishing and snowboarding them as possible.
- How to Get From the Airport to Banff
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Calgary’s Devonian Gardens
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – The Calgary Stampede
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Attractions of Calgary
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Arts and Culture in Calgary
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Alberta Adventure Guide.
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Visit Lake Louise
- Before Summer ends in the Canadian Rockies: Camp Jasper
- Canadian Rockies FAQ: Working in Jasper National Park
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: See the Waterfalls!
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: More Jasper Mountain Biking
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Canoeing in Banff
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Go Hiking!
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Mountain Bike Jasper!
Featuring images from Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton National Parks in the Canadian Rockies by by professional nature photographer John E. Marriott.
Wedding, commercial, stock, wildlife and nature photographers from the Canadian Rockies.