Hiring a Car in Banff
Banff National Park, Alberta
If you are looking for a hire car in Banff, there is no shortage of options. The different towns and places of the Canadian Rockies call for different methods of transport. Companies like Jasper Vacations let you sit back in comfort and admire the views as you are brought around the Rockies with an experienced driver. This can be especially tempting in winter when conditions are a little trickier for driving. However if you fancy having the complete freedom of popping in and out of your car at any stage, there are several different options to choose from for car rentals in Banff.
Here are a few tips to make sure you choose the right company.
· Ask if you will be charged extra after going over a certain amount of km’s.
· Ask if insurance is included in the price and if so to what extent is the car and yourself covered.
· Always fill the petrol yourself otherwise the company can try to charge you $100 for a half tank of gas. (Yes it happened!)
· If you are going to be travelling on icy roads, make sure to get a suitable vehicle.
· Banff is a touristy town. Shop around at all the car rental places and ask what the total price will be. Depending on what kind of trip you are taking and for how long, you will be stunned at the difference in prices.
Car Rental Companies in Banff
220 Bear Street. (403) 226-1550
National Car and Truck Rental:
Caribou Street & Caribou Ave, Banff, AB T1L
Cascade Plaza Mall – corner of Wolf Street.
CORNER OF LYNX & CARIBOU ST
Tel: (403) 762-2688
Hertz Rent A Car
Banff Springs Hotel,