The publications available here are divided into three self-explanatory categories: theses, reports, and papers.
For most documents, you will have the option of viewing a summary, the full publication, or downloading a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. Watch for the options described at the top of each document.
(To open, view, or download PDF files, you will need Acrobat Reader. You can download it free from the Adobe website.)
The titles of all publications included on this site are listed below. Just click on the link to find the paper you are looking for. To view all literature cited, click List of Papers and Publications.
All ESGBP Papers and Publications are copyrighted by the Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project.
- The Influence of Human Use on Fine Scale, Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Grizzly Bears in the Bow Valley of Alberta (2004)
- Effects of Mapping Scale, Disturbance Coefficients and Season on Grizzly Bear Habitat Effectiveness Models in Kananaskis Country, Alberta (2003)
- Landsat TM-based Greenness as a Surrogate for Grizzly Bear Habitat Quality in the Central Rockies Ecosystem (2002)
- Distribution of Subadult and Adult Grizzly Bears in Relation to Human Development and Human Activity in the Bow River Watershed, Alberta (2001)
- A Conservation Biology Approach to Management of Grizzly Bears in Banff National Park, Alberta (2000)
- Grizzly Bear Mortality in the Central Rockies Ecosystem (1998)
- 2001 Annual Report
- 2000 Annual Report
- 1999 Annual Report
- 1998 Annual Report
- 1997 Annual Report
- Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project (ESGBP): Brief Update, April 2003
- Grizzly Bear Monitoring in the Bow River Watershed: A Progress Report for 2002 ( PDF, 2 MB)
- A Brief Summary of the Status of the Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project (ESGBP) (2001)
- Population and Habitat Viability Assessment for the Grizzly Bear of the Central Rockies Ecosystem (2000)
- Status of the Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project (ESGBP): May 1999
- Grizzly Bears, Habitat, and Humans in the Skoki, Baker, South Pipestone, and Lake Louise Bear Management Units, Banff National Park (1999)
- Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project Habitat Studies (1998)
- Grizzly Bear Population and Habitat Status in Kananaskis Country, Alberta (1998)
- Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project: Progress Report Summaries for 1994 – 1998.
- Grizzly Bear Population and Habitat Status in Banff National Park (1996)
- Grizzly bear demographics in and around Banff National Park and Kananaskis Country, Alberta (2005) ( PDF)
- Modelling the spatial distribution of human caused grizzly bear mortalities in the Central Rockies Ecosystem of Canada (2004) ( PDF)
- Grizzly Bear Mortality and Human Access in Banff and Yoho National Parks (2000)
- Grizzly Bear Habitat Effectiveness Model for Banff, Yoho and Kootenay National Parks (1998)
- Implications of Preliminary Genetic Findings for Grizzly Bear Conservation in the Central Canadian Rockies
- Managing for Grizzly Bear Security Areas in Banff National Park and the Central Canadian Rocky Mountains
- The Eastern Slopes Grizzly Bear Project: Origins, Organization and Direction (1998)
- Roads, Rails and Grizzly Bears in the Bow River Valley, Alberta (1998)
- Effects of Transportation Corridors on Large Carnivores in the Bow River Valley (1996)
- The Canadian National Parks and Grizzly Bear Ecosystems: The Need for Interagency Management (1995)
- Banff National Park: Science and Policy in Grizzly Bear Management (In Press)
About the Project | Grizzly Bear Basics | Bear Safety | Research Publications | Media & Products | How to Help | Supporters | Contact | Links