Welcome to Jasper National Park!
Jasper National Park, established in 1907, is the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies with 10,878 square kilometres of mountain wilderness.
Jasper is the wildest of the mountain parks, and contains a superb backcountry trail system as well as the world famous Columbia Icefields, one of the only Icefields in the world accessible by road.
It is internationally-renowned for wildlife viewing, and is home to some of North America's rarest animals, including healthy populations of grizzly bears, moose, caribou and wolves.
You can check out our Live Web Cam feed for Jasper, Alberta.
Whether you're looking for a mountain climbing trip or a wildlife tour or something else in Jasper, Alberta, Jasper Vacations has all of your Jasper, Alberta vacation needs met. Visit to get started on your Jasper, Alberta vacation planning today.
- Maligne Valley Sightseeing
- Columbia Icefields Tour
- Wildlife Discovery Tour
- Jasper Adventure Hiking Tours
- Sunset Canoe Tour
By John E. Marriott, Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 at 4:08 pm
Jasper Activities, The Banff - Jasper Photography Blog: Early Spring Jasper Photography Hotspots – Athabasaca River
By John E. Marriott, Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Jasper National Park, The Banff - Jasper Photography Blog: Jasper Winter Wildlife Photography Workshop opening next week
By Paul Peters, Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 1:16 pm
Canadian Rockies Blogs, Jasper National Park: Family Vacations in Jasper National Park
By Paul Peters, Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Jasper National Park: Quick Tips for Jasper National Park Vacations
By Paul Peters, Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 11:12 am
Jasper National Park: Quick guide to Maligne Lake
Official site: http://www.jaspernationalpark.com/
Established in 1907, Jasper National Park is the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies with 10,878 square kilometres of mountain wilderness.
The Canadian Rockies are the perfect place to visit for a family vacation.
- Emergency Services
- Picnic Areas – Banff National Park
- Family Walks and Hikes
- Stuff for kids to do in the Canadian Rockies
Jasper has it all – glaciers, turquoise mountain lakes, crystal clear streams, abundant wildlife and fewer visitors than Banff.
- Highway 93A – The Old Banff/Jasper Highway
- Maligne Lake Road
- Miette Hot Springs
- The Cavell Road
- The Columbia Icefields to Jasper
- The Pyramid Lake Road
Jasper National Park has a wide variety of accommodations ranging from the luxurious Jasper Park Lodge to a night in a tent at Snaring River Campground.
In 1811, fur trader David Thompson of the North West Company of the British Empire crossed Athabasca Pass to return to Henry House, a shelter his men had built that spring opposite the present site of the town of Jasper.
- Top 10 Things To Do In Banff National Park
- Yoga in Banff
- See Grizzly Bears in the Canadian Rockies
- Banff Restaurants: Nourish Vegetarian Bistro & Tea House
- Banff Restaurants: Pad Thai
The CanadianRockies.org forum is the premier message board for the United States and Canadian Rockies. This board is for travelers and vacationers to post their trip reports, questions and give advice.
- Kananaskis Live Webcam “Kananaskis Heli Tours”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Elevation Place”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Railway Avenue”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Main Street”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Civic Centre Plaza”
Banff and Jasper photography tips, locations and stories from professional wildlife and nature photographer John E. Marriott.
- Winter wolf photography in Jasper
- Photographing Larches at Lake O’Hara in Yoho
- Photography for Fall Colours in Banff National Park
- Fall Moose Photography in Jasper
- Banff Wildflower Photography – Molar Meadows
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Canadian Rockies.
- Canadian Rockies Winter Vacations: Six great activities
- The Canadian Rockies in September, and, of course, dogs
- A tale of mystery and romance in Lake Louise
- Reader Reviews (and rips) Jasper’s Miss Italia
- Letting your Dog Run Free in Jasper
- Getting Canadian Rockies Vacation Advice from the Experts
- Canadian Rockies Weather: August or September Vacation?
- Canoeing Banff: From Castle Junction to Banff
- Canadian Rockies Mountain Biking: Jasper Trails
- Jasper National Park Mountain Biking Trails
He is a staff writer for the CRN network. He spends his days, when he's not chained to his writing desk, roaming the mountains, looking for great hikes, sights, food, accommodations and the occasional brew.
- Canadian Rockies Climate
- Canadian Rockies Dog FAQ
- Canadian Rockies RV Camping: Rampart Creek
- RV Camping in the Canadian Rockies: Tunnel Mountain
- Canadian Rockies Cycling: Highwood Pass
He is an editor of CanadianRockies.net. When he's not reading or writing about the Rockies, he tries to spend as much time backpacking, hiking, fishing and snowboarding them as possible.
- How to Get From the Airport to Banff
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Calgary’s Devonian Gardens
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – The Calgary Stampede
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Attractions of Calgary
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Arts and Culture in Calgary
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Alberta Adventure Guide.
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Visit Lake Louise
- Before Summer ends in the Canadian Rockies: Camp Jasper
- Canadian Rockies FAQ: Working in Jasper National Park
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: See the Waterfalls!
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: More Jasper Mountain Biking
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Canoeing in Banff
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Go Hiking!
Featuring images from Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton National Parks in the Canadian Rockies by by professional nature photographer John E. Marriott.
Wedding, commercial, stock, wildlife and nature photographers from the Canadian Rockies.
Jasper National Park Video Vault
Canmore and Kananaskis Country Live Webcams
We are pleased to offer you Canmore's live webcams of the Three Sisters Mountain Range, Downtown Canmore, Bow Valley Trail, Elevation Place, Canmore Nordic Centre, Civic Centre Plaza and Kananaskis Heli Tours.