Welcome to Lake Louise of Banff National Park!
Lake Louise -- Canada's "Diamond in the Wilderness," and the "Hiking Capital of Canada". This area offers a tremendous diversity of recreational and sightseeing opportunities. Lake Louise is home to one of North America's finest downhill ski areas, and has numerous hiking and walking trails. The region abounds with spectacular scenery, from glaciers to waterfalls.
A quick word to big city dwellers - this is one of the 'last outposts of man in the area' - the next nearest 'destination' - 3 hours away - is jasper, the next town out before you're enroute to Alaska - DO NOT expect to find a booming 'Aspen' or 'Vail' nightlife experience here...
You will however find the best powder skiing on the Continent, unparalleled wildlife viewing opportunities, our famous Canadian Rockies scenery; and perhaps you'll find yourself again. The Village of Lake Louise is on the Trans-Canada Highway fifty-seven kilometers (thirty-five miles) west of banff. This quiet and small village offers a range of travel amenities, fabulous dining opportunities and accommodations.
Got a question? A cool story? Something to say about the Lake Louise in Banff National Park? Visit our forums!
- No items.
By Rick Wilson, Friday, December 18th, 2009 at 6:41 pm
Golden, British Columbia and Area, The Banff Insider Blog: Golden Time in Purcell Mountain Lodge
By John Andrew McKiernan, Friday, May 1st, 2009 at 12:56 pm
Golden, British Columbia and Area: Gateway to the Canadian Rockies’ – Vancouver
By John Andrew McKiernan, Thursday, April 30th, 2009 at 5:13 pm
Golden, British Columbia and Area: Golden’s Canadian Rockies – Yoho National Park
By John Andrew McKiernan, Thursday, April 30th, 2009 at 5:01 pm
Golden, British Columbia and Area: Paragliding the Canadian Rockies, Golden
By John Andrew McKiernan, Thursday, April 30th, 2009 at 4:42 pm
Golden, British Columbia and Area: Rafting and Kayaking the Canadian Rockies, Golden
Official site: http://www.canadianrockies.net/lakelouise/
Located in the heart of Banff National Park and the world famous Rocky Mountain World Heritage Site, the "Hiking Capital of Canada" offers a tremendous diversity of recreational and sightseeing opportunities.
- Golden, British Columbia and Area
- Lake Louise – A Diamond in the Wilderness
- Lake Louise Drives and Walks
- Lake Louise Hotels and Accommodations in Alberta, Canada
The Canadian Rockies are the perfect place to visit for a family vacation.
- Emergency Services
- Picnic Areas – Banff National Park
- Family Walks and Hikes
- Stuff for kids to do in the Canadian Rockies
We’ve organized things by month, but some activities could be done in multiple months or multiple seasons. Scan this whole page for ideas.
- Round out your Icefields Parkway tour
- Moraine Lake – Don’t miss our “other” lake
- Lake Louise: The Hiking Capital of Canada
- Icefields Parkway
- Rockwalls and Waterfalls
- Cool Kootenay
- Train Buff’s Itinerary
- Round out your Kootenay Itinerary
- Round out Your Train Itinerary
- Moraine Lake – A Lake Louise must-see
Explore the surrounding towering Rocky and Purcell Mountains. Experience the sights and wilderness of Canada’s most famous national parks …banff, jasper, Yoho, Glacier, Kootenay and neighbouring provincial parks such as Bugaboo.
Backcountry Banff provides detailed information on the extensive network of trails in world-renowned Banff National Park.
- An Introduction to Lake Louise
- Hiking the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, Lake Agnes
- Hiking the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, Moraine Lake Rockpile
- Hiking the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, Plain of Six Glaciers
Hiking Lake Louise is the authoritative guide to the famous “Hiking Capital of the Canadian Rockies.”
- Top 10 Things To Do In Banff National Park
- Yoga in Banff
- See Grizzly Bears in the Canadian Rockies
- Banff Restaurants: Nourish Vegetarian Bistro & Tea House
- Banff Restaurants: Pad Thai
The CanadianRockies.org forum is the premier message board for the United States and Canadian Rockies. This board is for travelers and vacationers to post their trip reports, questions and give advice.
- Kananaskis Live Webcam “Kananaskis Heli Tours”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Elevation Place”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Railway Avenue”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Main Street”
- Canmore Live Webcam “Civic Centre Plaza”
Banff and Jasper photography tips, locations and stories from professional wildlife and nature photographer John E. Marriott.
- Winter wolf photography in Jasper
- Photographing Larches at Lake O’Hara in Yoho
- Photography for Fall Colours in Banff National Park
- Fall Moose Photography in Jasper
- Banff Wildflower Photography – Molar Meadows
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Canadian Rockies.
- Canadian Rockies Winter Vacations: Six great activities
- The Canadian Rockies in September, and, of course, dogs
- A tale of mystery and romance in Lake Louise
- Reader Reviews (and rips) Jasper’s Miss Italia
- Letting your Dog Run Free in Jasper
- Getting Canadian Rockies Vacation Advice from the Experts
- Canadian Rockies Weather: August or September Vacation?
- Canoeing Banff: From Castle Junction to Banff
- Canadian Rockies Mountain Biking: Jasper Trails
- Jasper National Park Mountain Biking Trails
He is a staff writer for the CRN network. He spends his days, when he's not chained to his writing desk, roaming the mountains, looking for great hikes, sights, food, accommodations and the occasional brew.
- Canadian Rockies Climate
- Canadian Rockies Dog FAQ
- Canadian Rockies RV Camping: Rampart Creek
- RV Camping in the Canadian Rockies: Tunnel Mountain
- Canadian Rockies Cycling: Highwood Pass
He is an editor of CanadianRockies.net. When he's not reading or writing about the Rockies, he tries to spend as much time backpacking, hiking, fishing and snowboarding them as possible.
- How to Get From the Airport to Banff
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Calgary’s Devonian Gardens
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – The Calgary Stampede
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Attractions of Calgary
- Gateway to the Canadian Rockies – Arts and Culture in Calgary
Read feature articles of his experiences, reviews and exploits in the Alberta Adventure Guide.
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Visit Lake Louise
- Before Summer ends in the Canadian Rockies: Camp Jasper
- Canadian Rockies FAQ: Working in Jasper National Park
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: See the Waterfalls!
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: More Jasper Mountain Biking
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Canoeing in Banff
- Before Summer Ends in the Canadian Rockies: Go Hiking!
Featuring images from Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton National Parks in the Canadian Rockies by by professional nature photographer John E. Marriott.
Wedding, commercial, stock, wildlife and nature photographers from the Canadian Rockies.
Lake Louise, Alberta Video Vault
Canmore and Kananaskis Country Live Webcams
We are pleased to offer you Canmore's live webcams of the Three Sisters Mountain Range, Downtown Canmore, Bow Valley Trail, Elevation Place, Canmore Nordic Centre, Civic Centre Plaza and Kananaskis Heli Tours.